Where does your city rank on the fitness index?
Every year the American College of Sports Medicine uses a fitness index to rank the 50 largest metropolitan statistical areas (MSAs) in the United States, based on health and fitness indicators, including preventive health behaviors, access to healthcare, chronic disease conditions and other health and lifestyle factors.
Top 5 MSAs:
- Minneapolis-St. Paul – Bloomington, Minnesota-Wisconsin
- Washington-Arlington – Alexandria , D.C. – Virginia-Maryland – West Virginia
- Portland – Vancouver – Hillsboro, Oregon-Washington
- San Francisco-Oakland- Fremont, California
- Denver-aurora-Broomfield, Colorado
- Memphis, Tennessee – Missouri – Arkansas
- Louisville/Jefferson county, Kentucky – Indiana
- San Antonio – New Braunfeis, Texas
- Detroit –Warren-Livonia, Michigan
- Oklahoma city, Oklahoma
For the full report check out: http://www.americanfitnessindex.org/