What’s happening in research at HealthCorps?
To provide direct evidence that shows the HealthCorps program is changing behaviors in nutrition, physical activity and mental resilience.
- Shawn Hayes, Chief Scientific Officer
- Erica Irvin, Research Manager
- Emily Zagnit, Research Scientist I
- Jean Lim, Research Data Clerk
- Charlotte Kerber, Active Alliance Research Assistant
What’s been done with the data collected so far?
- Partnered with the National Cancer Institute and MD Anderson on smoking prevention and cessation programs while building the Momentum APP at the same time
- Designed a combined PE & Health class to be used as a model to promote wellness and get recommended weekly physical activity.
- Received NIH grant with Albert Einstein Medical School to develop and evaluate a set of National Student and School Level Healthy Behavior Toolkits
- Engaged professional sports teams (NBA & minor league baseball) and are evaluating their impact in the Active Alliance Program
- Produced a documentary that demonstrates the positive effects of daily exercise.
Partnership Spotlight: Yoga Across America
On Saturday, November 22nd, our partner, Yoga Across America, appeared on Healing Quest.
This show features leaders in the field of wellness and introduces viewers to holistic approaches to well-being.
The episode, which also profiled HealthCorps, aired on WLIW Channel 21 at 10AM in New York City and continues to air on Public Broadcast Stations across the country over the next 18 months.
Congratulations to founder, Gina Garcia, and the Yoga Across America team!
-Amy Hendel, PA/HealthCoach