Our In-School Program
Across the nation, HealthCorps maintains a network of schools we call Living Labs. Here, a full-time Coordinator is placed inside a high-need high school to mentor hundreds of students, teach health related workshops, and promote a variety of during and after school activities.
HealthCorps Coordinators have two directives:
- Give your students the tools to make healthier living choices, and
- Change the culture of health and wellness in the community you serve.
Coordinators are recent college graduates who go on to careers in medicine, public health policy or wellness practices. Coordinators and their students participate in ongoing research to continually improve the HealthCorps curriculum and provide insight into how to improve young lives.
What do Coordinators do?
- Mentor students in health, fitness and mental resilience
- They help conduct research with approximately 600 students/yr per school
- Conduct health fairs, staff challenges, cooking contests
- Undertake environmental projects
- Partnership with other non-profits and sports teams
- Create and Support School Wellness Councils