What can you expect to see this year in terms of new food trends?
- Butter is back
- Healthy fats are expected to be popular.
- Grass-fed meat is now a regular request by consumers
- Sea salt Stevia, a plant-based sweetener
- Dark meat chicken
- Local/seasonal superfruit
- Cage-free whole eggs
- Portion control (this one should never go out of style!!)
- Kettle chips
- Dark leafy greens
- Coconut oil
- Palm sugar
What’s headed out? Egg whites, canola oil, agave, wheat grass shots, brown rice, probiotic-enhanced yogurt, artificial sweeteners.