Want to get a great workout and save money?
Use your own body weight for a great all over workout. Certainly using exercise equipment can enhance a workout and help to keep an element of challenge in your fitness routine, but you can also get a superb workout by using your body weight as “the challenge.”
Here is a list of exercises you can do indoors or outdoors:
- Traditional pushups – You can up the ante by doing pushups in an upward angle (hands on a step, feet on the floor) or downward angle (feet on a step, hands on the floor).
- Lunges in a forward and backward direction
- Walking lunges
- Squats with legs in a plié position
- Dynamic traditional and plié squats, meaning you spring up and down from the traditional position
- Tricep pushups – you can also increase the challenge by using different heights for your hand placement
- Squat kicks
- Running in place
- Jumping jacks
- Abdominal crunches
A program with a variety of these moves will condition your entire body, no weights needed!