Tuna, Bean and Spinach Salad
This protein-packed salad offers two non-meat sources of protein. It’s a perfect lunch or dinner salad, and serves 4.
- 7 cups of spinach
- 2 five ounce cans of tuna, packed in its own juices, drained
- 1 fifteen ounce can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 strips of marinated red peppers, drained well and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk together the wet ingredients with the spices and seasonings, and set aside.
- Combine the spinach, beans, tuna and peppers and toss gently.
- Add the dressing just before serving and toss lightly again.
Note: You can top this salad with a light sprinkle of cheese shavings, or with a handful of chopped walnuts.
-Amy Hendel, PA/HealthCoach