Staff Accountant – NYC
Reports to: Controller
Location: New York, NY
HealthCorps is a 501 (c)(3) that gives teens tools to improve physical and mental health so they can learn to live more productive and happier lives. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought. Founded in 2003 by Dr. Mehmet Oz, HealthCorps’ mission is to unleash the power of America’s youth so they can live productive lives. Its vision is to impact 20% of all high school students nationwide to reduce the footprint of obesity on the next generation. Each day, HealthCorps shapes the lives of the current generation of students.
To strengthen communities with the most innovative approaches to health and wellness to help the next generation to be more resilient. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought.
Overview of Staff Accountant Position:
HealthCorps is seeking a dynamic, proactive, and engaging individual to join our Accounting Team. As a Staff Accountant, you will report directly to the Controller. The Staff Accountant will manage and oversee the day to day internal accounting control activities that impact the company and its entities.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- NetSuite – Integrates Customer Support -Accounting Sales-Billing (a must)
- Assist payroll processing biweekly
- Prepare and enter journal entries, accruals, and re-classes into the financial management system accurately, including the compilation of appropriate supporting documents.
- Timely communication of discrepancies noted in the account analyses and journal entries, and assist in their resolution.
- Assist with the processing of supplemental schedules to support the monthly internal statements. – Accounting of business assets transactions.
- Prepare business assets schedule from the general ledger and reconcile the business assets register in the financial management system.
- Process monthly bank reconciliation
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time as directed.
- Provide support to other finance staff in all aspects of transactional entries and monthly close. – Analyze and reconcile invoices. - Provide a wide variety of customer service to co-workers, management, clients and partners - Reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Process all accounts payable
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance and at least 2 years of relevant experience as a staff Accountant – Excellent knowledge of accounting and account analysis; demonstrated analytical skills. - Experience with Grants and Contracts (preferably in a non-profit setting) - Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage complex information.
- Non Profit Experience
- Proven analytical and financial reporting skills
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, influencing and communications skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment when appropriate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of accounting software programs is necessary
- Able to maintain work priorities in an environment with multiple concurrent tasks and projects and maintain flexibility related to assigned tasks
- A self-starter who is able to work well independently and or in a team with minimum supervision – Must be detail oriented and extremely organized - Must be able to multi-task and manage multiple projects - Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles – High energy, a positive attitude.
As a full-time employee Basic Life insurance coverage with accidental death and dismemberment in amount of 50K is offered, and is paid for by HealthCorps. Benefits and 401K are available to you, your position will also include nine (9) HC Holidays. Fringe benefits including health, dental and vision insurance are available after the list of the month following 30 days after date of hire. Please note that HealthCorps pays for a portion of your employee benefits.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All new hires must be able to successfully pass a background check.
HealthCorps, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. HealthCorps, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HealthCorps, Inc reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all of its potential employees. Your job offer, therefore is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, if any. The offer described above is contingent upon the results of your drug screening.Apply Now!