Social Media Intern
Social Media Intern
Department: Social Media
Reports to: Social Media Specialist
Location: New York, NY
UNPAID; For School Credit only
HealthCorps is a national 501 (c)(3) corporation that gives teens tools to improve physical and mental health so they can learn to live more productive and happier lives. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought. Founded in 2003 by Dr. Mehmet Oz, HealthCorps’ mission is to unleash the power of America’s youth so they can live productive lives. Its vision is to impact 20% of all high school students nationwide in order to reduce the footprint of obesity on the next generation. Each day, HealthCorps shapes the lives of the current generation of students.
Overview of Social Media Intern
HealthCorps, Inc., is currently seeking a Social Media Intern to join our team. The ideal candidate possesses strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, including various social media sites. You will be responsible for contributing to website redesign projects, monitoring and posting on blogs and social networks, participating in online outreach and promotion, and organizing media content.
Responsibilities of Social Media Intern
- Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media platforms).
- Post updates to the Company and other supported social media accounts.
- Ensure uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
- Monitoring and replying to posts (under supervision of the Social Media Specialist).
- Liaising with staff internally to ensure that their company profiles are accurate and up-to date.
- Coordinate and distribute content.
- Maintain a monthly social media, editorial, marketing, and blogging calendar.
- Help with video content and posting.
- Track and report social media analytics on a monthly basis.
- Work with team to create and send email broadcast promoting content and ideas.
- Update master list spreadsheet on daily basis inputting and tracking projects.
- Assist with administrative duties as assigned.
- Assist in editing graphics (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) for upcoming projects as assigned.
- One year of professional experience in Social Media.
- Familiar with social media tools.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word and Power Point at intermediate to expert level.
- Have your own laptop with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proven writing skills.
- Photography experience a plus.