Regional Coordinator – Oxnard, California
Title: Regional Coordinator
Location: Oxnard, California
Reports to: Director of Education
HealthCorps is a national non-profit, founded by Dr. Oz and his wife Lisa Oz in 2003, with the mission to strengthen communities with the most innovative approaches to health and wellness to help the next generation be more resilient, both mentally and physically. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought.
To strengthen communities with the most innovative approaches to health and wellness to help the next generation be more resilient. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought.
Overview of Regional Coordinator, position:
Regional Coordinators will be a part of a national initiative to implement an innovative school-based model that inspires students to make healthier choices for themselves and their families. Regional Coordinators work for 1-2 years as full-time employee of HealthCorps. This unique experience happens within the school environment(s) developing tailored edition(s) of the HealthCorps Living Labs program that meet the needs of the school(s) students, staff and families. Regional Coordinators apply the HealthCorps Curriculum found on www.ck12.org which is the basis of the Living Lab Program in a variety of ways such as in the classroom, during lunchtime demos, after school and at school-wide and community-based events.
- Deliver and facilitate programming to eight (8) school sites in the Oxnard Union High School District;
- Complete the Alliance for a Healthier Generation School Health Index to assess the needs of the school sites;
- Participate at the district wellness council and work to establish individual school wellness councils that apply the local school wellness policy;
- Support school-wide and community-based events such as health fairs at the district level and individual school sites;
- Build the capacity of school staff to implement programming independently such as teachers integrating the HealthCorps curriculum on www.ck12.org within classroom-based lesson plans;
- Collaborate to enhance programming with partners such as other school-based organizations, school district services and local coalitions;
- Develop strong relationships with the schools and school district personnel including administrators, faculty and cafeteria staff to deliver programming;
- Oversee a monthly budget and complete budget reports on Concur;
- Attend and actively participate in HealthCorps staff summer training and ongoing professional development sessions throughout the year;
- Participate and assist in the planning of additional national HealthCorps-related events and campaigns;
- Record activities on Salesforce and collect data for HealthCorps program monitoring and evaluation;
- May also be required to fulfill additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (health or education related field preferred);
- Passion and knowledge of health, wellness, education and policy;
- Experience working with schools and/or communities;
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a passion to promote the HealthCorps’ mission;
- Strong interpersonal skills –cultivate relationships and relate to people from diverse backgrounds, sectors, and experiences
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and adhere to quick deadlines;
- Ability to complete administrative tasks on your computer and learn how to use new software;
- Proactive, self-starter, and solution seeker;
- Bilingual a plus;
- Openness and willingness to grow professionally and personally;
- Commitment to fulfilling a 1 or 2-year placement*.
*Please be mindful in order to give your schools and communities the support needed, it is imperative that you are able to commit to a 1 or 2-year contract. Interruption in your employment due to performance or anything leading to early termination of your contract can lead to a negative impact on programming at your school.Apply Now!
HealthCorps, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. HealthCorps, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HealthCorps, Inc reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all of its potential employees. Your job offer, therefore, is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, if any. The offer described above is contingent upon the results of your drug screening.