Recipe: Walnut Pancakes
Did you know that walnuts help to lower your risk of developing diabetes? Try including more of them in your daily diet as a quick snack or delicious twist on your usual meals. To help you get started, try this fun breakfast recipe:
Wake up, Pancake up
- 1 ¼ cup pancake mix
- 1 cup water
- A tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Use ¼ cup to scoop onto buttered pan.
- Cook until top starts bubble, then flip-cook through.
- Serve warm with honey or maple syrup and garnish with fresh fruit and walnuts.