Recipe: Walnut-Herb Pesto
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 cup (packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- With machine running, drop garlic into processor and chop finely.
- Add walnuts and next 4 ingredients; using on/off turns, process until chunky puree forms. Transfer to bowl.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
DO AHEAD: Pesto can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Serving Size = 1/8 cup
- Carbohydrates- 3.5 g
- Sugar- .6 g
- Ca- 101 g
- Fe- 1.22 mg
- Mg- 30.5 mg
- Na- 1 mg
- Cholesterol- 6
- Calories- 206