Recipe: Thai-ger Walnut Chicken Wraps
Thai-ger Walnut Chicken Wraps
Makes 4 servings.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, chopped in bite size pieces
- ¼ cup lemon grass, finely chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 2-3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped, sweet, green chili pepper
- 4 large iceburg lettuce leafs, rinsed
- Mix chopped chicken, lemon grass, green onion and garlic and marinate for 30 min.
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan and add chicken. Cook through.
- Meanwhile, chop ¼ cup walnuts and mix with 2 tbsp hoisin sauce and 1 tsp fish sauce.
- Once chicken is cooked through, add walnut mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on plate and add ¼ of the chicken mixture from pan into the lettuce wrap.
- Chop ½ cup walnuts and combine thoroughly with 2-3 tbsp. hoisin sauce (consistency should stick and hold shape well). Spoon ¼ of this mixture onto the plate, outside of the wrap.
- Garnish wrap and plate with chopped chili pepper and hoisin sauce.