My Pumpkin Soup has coconut! Why?
Because it’s so good for you! You will find that something as simple as coconut oil can have such tremendous health benefits. Combined with pumpkin , a seasonal favorite, this pumpkin soup will bring you all the fiber and vitamins. These fiber and vitamins will allow your body to build a strong immune system for the upcoming winter months. This soup is going to become your fall favorite dish!
For more recipes , visit our blog!
By Delphine Remy
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 cups fresh roasted pumpkin
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- One 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Fresh pepper
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion over medium-high heat until soft. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic and ginger, and continue to cook until fragrant.
- Carefully stir in the pumpkin, stock, coconut milk, maple syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes. You will notice that the soup has thickened.
- Pour into a blender and blend until very smooth. Garnish with cilantro leaves or toasted coconut shavings.