Are You Really A Healthy Eater?
If you listen to people around you, they are invariably on “another diet.” And some of those diets can be quite restrictive. Sometimes the benefits of a diet or dietary regimen are outweighed by some negative outcomes or behaviors. Just when does a healthy eating pattern cross over to an unhealthy obsession?
- Are you constantly anxious about what you will eat, especially if you have to change your usual eating schedule or go out to eat?
- Does your list of “no” foods or food restrictions keep growing larger?
- Is your social life, or even your professional life suffering, because you are so restrictive?
- Are you feeling fatigued or weary despite your so-called healthy eating program?
- Is your diet making you very cranky or moody?
- Do you attend parties and refuse to eat anything because of your dietary restrictions?
If some or several of these behaviors are happening, you might want to consult with your health professional in order to assess the health value of your current eating program.
-Amy Hendel, PA/HealthCoach