Craving for a fall desert?
This simple pumpkin mousse recipe is a tasty and nutritious dessert which is also low on carbs.
For more recipes , visit our blog!
By Courtesy of Atkins
- 1 package (1 oz) Gelatin Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup Tap Water
- 2 tsps Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 15 oz Pumpkin (Without Salt, Canned)
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Sucralose Based Sweetener (Sugar Substitute)
- 2 tsps Vanilla Extract
1. In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cool water, let sit 5 minutes until gelatin softens. Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium heat, toast pumpkin pie spice 1 2 minutes until fragrant, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, stir in gelatin mixture and cook 1-2 minutes more until gelatin melts. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
2. Place pumpkin purée in a large bowl.
3. In another large bowl, with an electric mixer on high, beat cream, sugar substitute and vanilla until soft peaks form. With a rubber spatula, slowly fold in cooled gelatin mixture.
4. In three additions, gently fold whipped cream mixture into pumpkin purée.
5. Divide mousse into 8 dessert glasses. Chill 2 hours.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 185| Total Fat: 16.8 grams