Program Coordinator – Upland, California
Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Upland, California
Reports to: Program Supervisor
HealthCorps is a national 501 (c)(3) corporation that gives teens tools to improve physical and mental health so they can learn to live more productive and happier lives. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought. Founded in 2003 by Dr. Mehmet Oz, HealthCorps’ mission is to unleash the power of America’s youth so they can live productive lives. Its vision is to impact 20% of all high school students nationwide in order to reduce the footprint of obesity on the next generation. Each day, HealthCorps shapes the lives of the current generation of students.
Overview of Program Coordinator
Program Coordinators work as a full-time employees at middle and/or high school(s) for one to two years tailoring the HealthCorps Living Labs program to meet the needs of the students, staff and community members. They facilitate the HealthCorps curriculum (www.ck12.org/tebook/HealthCorps-Skills-For-A-Healthy-Me) in the classroom, lead after school clubs, organize staff wellness competitions, hold school-wide and community-wide eventssuch as health fairs, and much more.
Responsibilities of Program Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- San Bernardino County Resident
- Foster strong relationships with school and school district personnel including administrators, faculty and cafeteria staff to deliver Living Lab program components.
- Tailor and facilitate the HealthCorps’ skills based curriculum (nutrition, fitness & mental resilience) in the classroom throughout the school year.
- Participate in program evaluation, such as completion of a community assessment and student surveys.
- Lead regular after-school club(s) such as cooking, exercise and/or leadership throughout the school year.
- Organize school and community events that provide student leadership and advocacy opportunities (i.e. health fairs, lunchtime demonstrations, and service projects).
- Use public health data and HealthCorps provided resources to establish a sustainable wellness program plan for the school after one to two years of service.
- Participate at the district wellness council and promote district wellness policy promotion and implementation at the school-level.
- Build relationships and mentor both students and staff to help them make healthier choices.
- Organize staff wellness competitions and appreciation activities such as pedometer challenges and healthier food and beverages at meetings.
- Oversee monthly budget and plan programming expenses.
- Share stories of impact by providing photos, testimonies and narratives to HealthCorps’ Marketing and Communications Departments.
- Keep updated records of program events and develop presentations to showcase program reach.
- Participate in initial onboarding, summer training and ongoing professional development throughout the year.
- Participate and assist in the planning of additional, regional HealthCorps-related events.
*The Program Coordinator may also be required to fulfill additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Passion and knowledge of health, wellness, education, and issues of health disparities
- Experience working with youth and communities (previous work in high needs areas preferred)
- Enthusiasm, energy, and a passion to be a part of HealthCorps’ mission
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build/cultivate personal relationships and relate to people from diverse backgrounds, sectors, and experiences
- Organized and an ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once
- Proactive, self-starter, and solution seeker
- Bilingual a plus
- Openness and willingness to grow professionally and personally
*Please be mindful as a Program Coordinator in order to give your students and communities the support needed, it is imperative that you are sure you can commit to a 1-2 year contract. Interruption in your employment due to performance or anything leading to early termination of your contract can lead to a negative impact on programming at your school, notification of this termination in your Human Resources file, and denial for any further employment recommendations.Apply Now!
or click here.
HealthCorps, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. HealthCorps, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HealthCorps, Inc reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all of its potential employees. Your job offer, therefore is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, if any. The offer described above is contingent upon the results of your drug screening.