Program Coordinator – Millville, NJ – Temporary
HealthCorps is a national non-profit, founded by Dr. Oz and his wife Lisa Oz in 2003, with the mission to strengthen communities with the most innovative approaches to health and wellness to help the next generation be more resilient, both mentally and physically. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought.
Program Coordinators work as a full-time employees at middle and/or high school(s) for one to two years tailoring the HealthCorps Living Labs program to meet the needs of the students, staff and community members. They facilitate the HealthCorps curriculum (www.ck12.org/tebook/HealthCorps-Skills-For-A-Healthy-Me) in the classroom, lead after school clubs, organize staff wellness competitions, hold school-wide and community-wide events such as health fairs, and much more.
- Foster strong relationships with school and school district personnel including administrators, faculty and cafeteria staff to deliver Living Lab program components.
- Tailor and facilitate the HealthCorps’ skills based curriculum (nutrition, fitness & mental resilience) in the classroom throughout the school year.
- Participate in program evaluation, such as completion of a community assessment and student surveys.
- Lead regular after-school club(s) such as cooking, exercise and/or leadership throughout the school year.
- Organize school and community events that provide student leadership and advocacy opportunities (i.e. health fairs, lunchtime demonstrations, and service projects).
- Use public health data and HealthCorps provided resources to establish a sustainable wellness program plan for the school after one to two years of service.
- Participate at the district wellness council and promote district wellness policy promotion and implementation at the school-level.
- Build relationships and mentor both students and staff to help them make healthier choices.
- Organize staff wellness competitions and appreciation activities such as pedometer challenges and healthier food and beverages at meetings.
- Oversee monthly budget and plan programming expenses.
- Share stories of impact by providing photos, testimonies and narratives to HealthCorps’ Marketing and Communications Departments.
- Keep updated records of program events and develop presentations to showcase program reach.
- Participate in initial on-boarding, summer training and ongoing professional development throughout the year.
- Participate and assist in the planning of additional, regional HealthCorps-related events.
*The Program Coordinator may also be required to fulfill additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Recent college graduate
- Passion and knowledge of health, wellness, education, and policy.
- Experience working with youth and community members (previous work in high needs communities preferred).
- Enthusiasm, energy, and commitment to be a part of HealthCorps’ mission.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to build/cultivate relationships and relate to people from diverse backgrounds, sectors, and experiences.
- Organized and an ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once.
- Proactive, self-starter, and solution seeker.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Openness and willingness to grow professionally and personally.
*Please be mindful in order to give your students and communities the support needed, it is imperative that you are sure you can commit to a 1-2 year contract. Interruption in your employment due to performance or anything leading to early termination of your contract can lead to a negative impact on programming at your school, notification of this termination in your Human Resources file, no provision of professional or academic references or recommendation letters and denial for any further employment recommendations.
HealthCorps, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements.
HealthCorps, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HealthCorps, Inc reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all of its potential employees. Your job offer, therefore, is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, if any. The offer described above is contingent upon the results of your drug screening.
HealthCorps offers Medical and Dental benefits, Vision Coverage, accidental death and dismemberment in amount of 50K, 401k and paid time off.