Product, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager – NYC
HealthCorps is a 501 (c)(3) corporation that gives teens tools to improve physical and mental health so they can learn to live more productive and happier lives. Founded in 2003 by Dr. Mehmet Oz, HealthCorps’ mission is to strengthen communities with the most innovative approaches to health and wellness to help the next generation be more resilient, both mentally and physically. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought. Our nationwide team accomplishes this by deploying motivated recent college graduates to limited-resource middle and high schools for two years of service.
Overview of the Manager: Product, Monitoring & Evaluation Position:
HealthCorps is seeking a dynamic, proactive, and engaging individual to lead our Product, M&E team. As Manager: Product, Monitoring & Evaluation, you would report directly to the Sr. Director of Programs and will work closely with the other members of the Education Team. Under the leadership of the Sr. Director, the selected candidate would oversee the development and maintenance of our curriculum as well as all evaluation and research procedures. This role would be perfect for someone who is passionate about applying science to their work, is a self-starter, takes initiative in projects and is proactive about their work.
- Lead development and implementation of the internal HealthCorps monitoring and evaluation strategic plan. Includes data collection instruments and procedures, analysis plans, dissemination of results, and ensuring all regulatory procedures (such as IRB approvals, consent) are followed.
- Collaborate with outside evaluation partners including academic and funding institutions.
- Work with the Education, Development and Marketing teams to contribute research and evaluation data for funder reports, development materials, marketing collateral, etc.
- Collaborate with the management team to utilize evaluation results in program decision-making
- Oversee development, maintenance, and dissemination of HealthCorps product (lesson plans and ancillary documents).
- Ensure product workflow is followed, all stakeholders are appropriately informed/included, and timelines are met.
- Be an expert on the most current research in health and education. Ensure research results and theories are included in development of all HealthCorps product materials and activities.
- Directly manage Product, Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist.
- Reporting Skills, extensive Research experience (2 years +), Organized, Analytical, apt in Measurement and designing evaluation tools, Professional, Problem Solver, Excellent Verbal and Written Communication. Additional skills would include Design Capabilities and Website expertise.
- Specific training in program evaluation and statistical skills or Master’s degree in public health, social sciences, education, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience working with underserved communities and/or school environments
- Experience in assessment, planning, evaluation or institutional research (or equivalent combination of education or experience)
- Intermediate to Expert proficiency required with Microsoft Office suite of applications (including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Work experience querying and creating visualizations of data using relational databases such as Access, SPSS or SAS
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, self-starter, good organizational skills, excellent writing and presentation skills, ability to relate well to a variety of faculty and professionals in different fields.
- Flexibility to manage constantly changing priorities and timelines.
- As a full-time employee Basic Life insurance coverage with accidental death and dismemberment in amount of 50K is offered, and is paid for by HealthCorps. Benefits and 401K are available to you, your position will also include nine (9) HC Holidays. Fringe benefits including health, dental and vision insurance are available after the list of the month following 30 days after date of hire. Please note that HealthCorps pays for a portion of your employee benefits.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All new hires must be able to successfully pass a background check.
HealthCorps, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. HealthCorps, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HealthCorps, Inc reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all of its potential employees. Your job offer, therefore, is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, if any. The offer described above is contingent upon the results of your drug screening.