Product Development Specialist
Title: Product Development Specialist
Reports to: President
Location: Houston, TX or Los Angeles, CA
HealthCorps is a national 501 (c)(3) corporation that gives teens tools to improve physical and mental health so they can learn to live more productive and happier lives. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought. Founded in 2003 by Dr. Mehmet Oz, HealthCorps’ mission is to unleash the power of America’s youth so they can live productive lives. Its vision is to impact 20% of all high school students nationwide to reduce the footprint of obesity on the next generation. Each day, HealthCorps shapes the lives of the current generation of students.
Overview of Program Development Specialist Position:
This position will focus on the powering of the HC digital classroom by developing and improving the HealthCorps digital curriculum on CK12.org. Program Development Specialist will report directly to the President to manage and build HealthCorps’ partnership with CK12.org. The location of the office will be at the CK12 Foundation in Palo Alto.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with HealthCorps staff in Education department.
- Become an expert in the CK12 platform understanding its all its capabilities including but not limited to: modules, embedded media, workgroups, CK12 café, downloadable resources such as worksheets and presentations, etc.
- Work closely with the HealthCorps President and CK12 Executive Director on strategic planning and the vision of digital curriculum for educators and schools nationwide.
- Align HealthCorps curriculum concepts with other current CK12 modules of different subjects and cross-promote.
- Customize the HC curriculum to the ability of the participants as part of the CK12 approach.
- Enhance current lessons about nutrition, fitness and mental resilience with interactive components such as simulations and create new lessons as requested by HealthCorps senior staff.
- Create an online certificate program for students whom engage with HC curriculum.
- Collaborate with President, CK12 Exec Director and Chief Communications Officer to support public policy initiatives.
- Develop monitoring system to track the utilization of HC curriculum on CK12 as part of HC’s overall impact.
- Support HC staff in pursuing additional funding, as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s preferred
- 2-4 years of job experience; Coordinator experience preferred
- Strong leadership and project management capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely tech savvy and programing knowledge (Word Processing, Data Entry, HTML, Digital Design)
- Interactives and Stimulations design (PLIX)
- Creating concept-based STEM content and adaptive practices
- Passion for education and curriculum
HealthCorps, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. HealthCorps, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. HealthCorps, Inc reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all of its potential employees. Your job offer, therefore is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, if any. The offer described above is contingent upon the results of your drug screening.