Monitoring & Evaluation Intern
Monitoring & Evaluation Intern (New York, NY or remote)
Department: Monitoring & Evaluation
Reports to: Research Scientist
HealthCorps is a 501 (c)(3) corporation that gives teens tools to improve physical and mental health so they can learn to live more productive and happier lives. Founded in 2003 by Dr. Mehmet Oz, HealthCorps’ mission is to strengthen communities with the most innovative approaches to health and wellness to help the next generation be more resilient, both mentally and physically. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought. Our nationwide team accomplishes this by deploying motivated recent college graduates to limited-resource middle and high schools for two years of service.
Overview of Monitoring & Evaluation Intern
HealthCorps, Inc., is currently seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation Intern to join our team. The ideal candidate possesses working knowledge of data management practices including collecting and cleaning data sets, and conducting simple analysis tasks (in excel, SAS, SPSS, or R) as well as interpersonal skills. You will be responsible for supporting the Monitoring & Evaluation team as we manage research protocols across the HealthCorps Living Labs program.
Responsibilities of Monitoring & Evaluation Intern
- Assist with collecting, tracking, entering, and cleaning data collected from study sites.
- Assist with reviewing monitoring data, analyzing trends, and communicating results to Monitoring & Evaluation and Education teams, including field staff.
- Assist with analyzing program evaluation data and communicating results (through funder reports, charts/presentations, and publication submissions).
- Completed or working toward a bachelors’ or master’s degree in a scientific field.
- Passion for physical activity, mental resilience, nutrition, and community health.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team, self-starter, good organizational skills, and prioritize tasks.
- Intermediate to expert proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Have your own laptop with MS Excel.
- Interest in pursuing a career in medical/health sciences, research, or public health.
HealthCorps, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. HealthCorps, Inccomplies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HealthCorps, Increserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all of its potential employees. Your job offer, therefore, is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, if any. The offer described above is contingent upon the results of your drug screening.
To inquire/apply for this opportunity, email your resume with the subject “Monitoring & Evaluation Intern (New York, NY or remote)” to Jean.Lim@healthcorps.org