Mediterranean Artichoke Salad
With the Mediterranean-style of eating still trending strong, here’s a healthy and tasty salad, brimming with nutrients and perfect for lunch or dinner. Pair it with grilled chicken, fish or tofu.
- 1 jar (15 ounces) artichokes packed in water, drained well
- 1 each red, yellow, green bell pepper (small) seeds removed, chopped and sautéed in a small amount of olive oil
- 1 small jar (8 ounces) of sun-dried tomatoes, diced, with all oil liquid discarded
- 4 cups of spinach leaves washed and patted dry
- ½ cup slivered almonds (for fresh topping on salad after it is dressed)
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ bunch of Italian parsley diced
- 6 chives, rinsed well, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (Puree the dressing ingredients till smooth and set aside)
- In a large bowl, add salad ingredients and toss salad ingredients (except almonds).
- Add dressing just before serving, and toss well.
- Top with slivered almonds.
Here’s a quick cooking tip: Before you boil eggs, turn them over in the refrigerator the night before. This will ensure that the yolk moves to the center of the egg when you boil it!!