Love Your Food for Good Health
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but if it’s boring or bland, you’ll be less likely to make it a priority. Lunch needs to energize you, but taste is important too. And a balanced dinner helps to round out your day’s calories, so it needs to have quality ingredients that satisfy you, so you’re less likely to snack mindlessly later in the evening.
Here are some yummy and nutrient rich ideas for the first meal of the day:
- If you love oatmeal, jazz it up with berries, bananas and walnuts
- If you enjoy eggs, then scramble one egg plus one or two egg whites, and add chopped spinach and tomatoes
- If you like fruit for breakfast, consider grilling half a grapefruit topped with a bit of cinnamon and brown sugar and then add a scoop of Greek yogurt sprinkled with bran flakes.
- If you like a parfait, you can layer part skim ricotta cheese with high protein cereal, a bit of honey, and mixed fruit in a glass, creating two or three layers.
- If you like smoothies, blend sliced celery, cubed cucumbers, cut up pear, chopped kale, yogurt and a splash of orange juice in a blender. Yum!