Human Resources – Internship
Department – Operations/Human Resources
Location – (New York, NY)
UNPAID, School Credit
HealthCorps is a national 501 (c)(3) corporation that gives teens tools to improve physical and mental health so they can learn to live more productive and happier lives. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought. Founded in 2003 by Dr. Mehmet Oz, HealthCorps’ mission is to unleash the power of America’s youth so they can live productive lives. Its vision is to impact 20% of all high school students nationwide in order to reduce the footprint of obesity on the next generation. Each day, HealthCorps shapes the lives of the current generation of students.
Overview of Operations/Human Resources Intern position
HealthCorps is seeking an Operations/Human Resources Intern for our New York City office. You will be an active member of the team and will receive training for a variety of tasks and projects. These tasks and projects are intended to provide you with operational experience as well as an overview in particular HR functions.
Who do we want?
As a Ops/HR intern, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries, you will support the Operations team on a variety of projects and learn about talent acquisition and other HR projects under the supervision of the HR Director.
The HR intern will provide support for the following, but not limited to:
- Assist with recruitment initiatives by posting jobs, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, updating the recruitment system and supporting communications to candidates as needed. Also includes securing room reservations for office visits.
- File resumes in our online tracking system
- Issue decline letters for applicants in timely manner
- Collect feedback forms on interviewed candidates
- Assist in administrative support to the HR Director
- Coordinate on-boarding details for new hire programs and orientations (ie. Set up online on-boarding, welcome notes, confirmation emails, etc.).
- Assist HR Director with compiling lists of trainings against needs for employees.
- Assist HR Director on HR file audit and record-keeping project
- Respond to employment verifications or information requests, as needed
- Other projects as assigned
- Understanding of the Human Resources and Administrative duties
- Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to build relationships
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills
- Project management skills and focus on delivery of results
- Organizational skills
What candidate needs to qualify for this internship
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, deadline driven environment is required
- Excellent organizational skills- detailed oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Exercise sound judgment and handle sensitive information with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems
- A passion to pursue a career in Operations/HR
- Positive work and team attitude!
Education & Past Experience: Years of experience: 0-2 years
Candidate should be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources, Business Management Previous HR internship experience in a plus.
Job Type: Internship