How can I lower my use of oils that are high in saturated fat and still cook tasty food?
Here’s a quick conversion chart so you can substitute “light” olive oil or soybean oil into recipes. If I am baking I prefer a more neutral tasting oil like soybean oil, which has the added benefit of helping to lower your LDL or bad cholesterol:
- 1/4 cup butter – 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup butter – 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter – 1/4 cup +1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup butter – 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup butter – 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup butter – 3/4 cup olive oil