National Children’s Dental Month
It is National Children’s Dental month! Did you know 51 million school and 164 million work hours a year from children and parents in the United States are missed due to dental disease? 3 out of 5 children are affected by tooth decay. Let’s keep our children smiling by teaching good dental habits.
Healthy dental habits include:
- Visit your dentist at least twice a year.
- Use toothpaste and mouth rinse that contains fluoride for healthy teeth and gums
- Replace your toothbrush every 3 months
- Brush teeth at least twice a day. If possible brush teeth after meals
- Don’t forget to floss. Flossing gets in between teeth to remove bacteria and food brushing alone misses.
- Brush teeth in a circular motion rather than a back and forth motion. This circular motion includes the gums and helps fight plaque, cavities, and gum disease.
The earlier you take care of your teeth, the less complications you will have in years to come. So, take care of those pearly whites and don’t forget to SMILE!!!!!
Read more from our health blogs here.