HealthCorps and Aramark Enter HCU Partnership
After approximately a year of relationship building and program development, HealthCorps entered into a collaborative partnership with the food service giant, Aramark to deliver an intensive two-day HealthCorps University (HCU) outside of Dallas, Texas.
There were 18 Aramark food service personnel at the training, including chefs, dietitians, account marketing managers, and a food service director representing the following 11 Texas school districts: Pflugerville, Round Rock, McKinney, Northwest, Lewisville, Crowley, Midway, Midlothian, Lubbock, Goose Creek, and Alice.
Additionally, three of the company’s regional/national staff members participated in the training, including:
• Dr. Gwendolyn High, Vice President of Community Relations & Education, Aramark
• Rick Ward, Regional Marketing Director, Aramark
• Jeanna Ratnayake, District Manager for K-12 Education, Lewisville ISD, Aramark
Three HealthCorps staff members were present to facilitate and support the program including:
• Michelle Bouchard, President
• Briana Webster, HCU Director
• Sal Valenza, HCU Contractor and District Food Service Manager, West New York, NJ
Dr. High stated, “I felt the HCU training was an invaluable experience. There’s no question that it expands our team’s skill sets in further positioning Aramark as the “go-to” personnel in our districts when it comes to sharing information about being ‘healthy for life.’ “
HealthCorps and HCU staff will continue to work with Aramark employees as they share lessons and information with schools and school districts. HealthCorps and Aramark will also work to identify additional markets to hold similar HCU trainings.