Despite the tips we offered this past Tuesday, to help you shave off calories during your food fest, you may decide to throw caution to the wind, and eat just a bit too much today. If so, remember that tomorrow is Fitness Friday and we will get you back on track.
Since pumpkin will probably be featured in your holiday meal, here are some quick pumpkin facts:
- Pumpkin puree can be added to muffins, cakes, and breads and add flavor and fiber, and allow you to reduce the fat in the recipe.
- Pumpkin is rich in tryptophan, a mood booster
- Eat the pumpkin seeds and benefit from zinc, while the pumpkin itself is rich in vitamin C, an immune-booster
- Pumpkin seeds also contain sterols, which can help to lower LDL, the bad cholesterol level
- Pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene, which the body converts into vitamin A to help promote healthy eyes