What do happy people do every day?
A recent Harris Interactive Poll noted that about one third of the U.S. population describes themselves as happy. Some of our happiness (about 50%) is predetermined by genetics, and about 40% is determined by external events and factors. That leaves about 10% that is “up to you,” and that may be determined by specific choices that you make. Apparently that 10% is a big part of the ultimate happiness or lack of it that you experience. Happy people seem to realize the implications of their decisions and they seem to all make several daily choices that do indeed promote happiness.
The seven habits:
- Choosing to exercise most days of the week
- They spend time outside
- They focus on their families
- They make time for friends
- They choose to find meaning in their work
- They choose to contribute to their communities
- They choose to get enough sleep