Over the past year, HealthCorps has been delivering impactful programming to the Good Shepherd Center in Los Angeles, CA because we’ve learned when families experience homelessness, their health and wellness takes a back seat.
This year for #GivingTuesday, we are looking to expand our mission by providing programming to those experiencing homelessness in other markets across the nation.
Click each photo for Stories from The Good Shepherd Center.
Did you know?
Nearly 58,000 families across America experienced homelessness on a given night in 2017.
Within these families, over 109,000 were children.
Homelessness impacts their education, increases their risk of serious health, emotional, and behavioral problems, endangers their safety, and stunts their over development.
Parents and children of homeless families are more vulnerable to illness and likely do not have access to continuous health care. They also lack in awareness, opportunities, and resources to make their own lives healthy.
- Donate! Visit our Classy and our Facebook Fundraisers to donate now, on #GivingTuesday, and throughout the Holiday season! Your gift will provide us with the tools to improve health and wellness for those experiencing homelessness.
- Fundraise! Create your own fundraiser on Facebook and encourage your friends and family to donate to your cause.
- Get Social! What’s your #HopeForHealth? Use the hashtags #HopeForHealth and #GivingTuesday to share your story. Why is health education important to you? How do you help the homeless community? How else are you giving back this season? Let us know on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Spread the news! Share this page and give others the opportunity to get involved.
- Share HealthCorps resources! Give your loved ones information about health and wellness based on our curriculum.
- Match Donations! Let us know if you’re interested in matching donations we receive.