Gala / Auction Intern
Reports to: Director of Events
Location: New York, NY
HealthCorps is a 501 (c)(3) corporation that gives teens tools to improve physical and mental health so they can learn to live more productive and happier lives. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought. Founded in 2003 by Dr. Mehmet Oz, HealthCorps’ mission is to unleash the power of America’s youth so they can live productive lives. Its vision is to impact 20% of all high school students nationwide to reduce the footprint of obesity on the next generation. Each day, HealthCorps shapes the lives of the current generation of students.
To strengthen communities with the most innovative approaches to health and wellness to help the next generation be more resilient. HealthCorps students exercise more, eat better and practice positive thought.
HealthCorps is currently seeking a Gala/Auction Intern. Key responsibilities include assisting in the coordination of the event and auction for the 2019 Annual Gala Project.
Requirements and Training
- Learn the responsibilities and processes of the Auction
- Learn about company Auction platform
- Provide administrative support in all aspects of fundraising initiative and donor relations
- Assist in the development of all promotional collateral materials related to the event
- Serve as liaison to donors providing auction items
- Provide accurate recordkeeping and database management
- Assist with the coordination of mass mailing, mail merges and electronic communication to donors
- Update donor reports and reconcile with financial records
- Research on prospective donors
- Assist with the set up, take down and execution of the auction on site at the Gala
- Manage, store, gather and pack all donated items received and update master list spreadsheet
- Confirm distribution of items to winning bidders and assist with the closeout of the auction
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with MS Excel and Word, data and graphics upload to 3rd party site
- Fast paced learner
- Able to work with little direction
- Great business writing skills
- Ability to work as a team and independently in a busy office
- Professional, enthusiastic and motivated
HealthCorps, Inc provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. HealthCorps, Inc complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
HealthCorps, Inc reserves the right to conduct background investigations and/or reference checks on all of its potential employees. Your job offer, therefore is contingent upon a clearance of such a background investigation and/or reference check, if any. The offer described above is contingent upon the results of your drug screening.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Lisa.Garcia@healthcorps.org