Creamy Tomato Soup
A creamy soup which is also healthy !
Start to finish, you can have this incredibly dreamy, creamy (thanks to cream-less nonfat yogurt!) velvety-smooth tomato soup served up in 30 minutes! It’s wonderful for dinner—just the remedy for a cold winter night. I love it with delicious Croque Monsieur Mini Bites on the side!
Loaded with lycopene, an antioxidant that helps keep your body strong
Unsweetened almond milk is healthy, creamy, and rich all while adding only 40 calories per cup to the profile of a recipe!
For more recipes , visit our blog!
Creamy Tomato Soup
By Candice Kumai
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 1 sprig fresh sage or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 sprig fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- One 28-ounce can low-sodium diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, plus extra for serving
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Heat the canola oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and thyme, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cook until the mixture is soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook while stirring constantly until the tomato paste darkens, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes and their juices and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened and reduced, about 7 minutes. Remove the thyme sprigs and discard. Transfer the mixture to a food processor and pulse to combine. Pour in the chicken broth, almond milk, and yogurt and process until completely smooth.
- Pour the soup back into a clean pot and cook over medium heat until it’s warm, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sea salt. Serve with a dollop of yogurt and some chopped fresh basil if you have some in the fridge.