Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake
Looking for a healthier version of your chocolate peppermint cupcake?
The festive holiday treat, chocolate peppermint cupcake gets a healthy, low-carb upgrade. With coconut flower, natural sweetener, and sugar-free peppermint candy this will be your favorite dessert.
For more recipes , visit our blog!
Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
By Courtesy of Atkins
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk, Unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Xylitol
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 7 tbsps Unsalted Butter
- 4 tbsps Organic High Fiber Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsps Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder (Straight Phosphate, Double Acting)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsps Erythritol
- 3 pieces sugar-free peppermint stars hard candy
Please powder the erythritol before making the frosting for this recipe. Place 2 tablespoons in a blender and pulse 3-4 times until powdered. To crush peppermint candies place them in a zip top bag and hit with a hammer.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a muffin tin with 6 paper cups. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with the coconut milk, granular sugar substitute, vanilla, peppermint extract and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl whisk together the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture whisking to incorporate all ingredients for about a minute. Pour into the 6 paper cups, place in the oven and bake until fully set in the center; about 15-18 minutes. When done, set on a wire rack to cool.
4. Make Frosting: In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1/4 cup softened butter and continue to beat another minute. Add the powdered erythritol; beat another minute then add peppermint extract and food coloring as desired (optional; red is pretty as pictured and green is festive with the red and white candies). Adjust for sweetness by adding a pinch of stevia if desired. Frost cupcakes using a piping bag or by hand. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 276| Total Fat: 23.3 grams