Want a quick and protein packed meal with veggies?
Try out this chicken portobello broiler recipe which is easy and effortless to prepare.
For more recipes , visit our blog!
By Courtesy of Atkins
- 2 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz Chicken Breast
- 3 tbsps chopped Scallions or Spring Onions
- 4 large Eggs
- 6 Portobello Mushroom Caps
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese (Whole Milk)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and green onion and cook 3 4 minutes until chicken is no longer pink. Add the eggs and cook until firm.
4. Meanwhile, place the mushroom caps, ribbed side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs and broil for about 7 minutes, turning once, until slightly soft and dark in color.
5. Remove mushroom caps from oven and spoon egg mixture into them. Optional: add freshly diced tomatoes or red bell pepper to increase your veggies for the day. Top with cheese and broil for 1 minute until melted.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 165 | Total Fat: 10.2 grams