Chef Ron Russell of Sun Café Offers a Raw Tomato Basil Soup
Here’s a refreshing and simple soup recipe that is cool and perfect for a spring or summer day. Chef Ron is one of our new chef partners in California, and he recently enjoyed his first HealthCorps event, Los Angeles Highway to Health, manning a booth and preparing and offering samples of this wonderful recipe.
Raw Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 lb. tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon mix of fresh shallots and finely chopped garlic
- ¼ ounce fresh basil (leaves only) chopped
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Blend in mixer for 2- 3 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings.
- Optional: Garnish with one bay leaf in the center
For more information on SunCafe, click here.
-Amy Hendel, PA/HealthCoach