Candice Kumai’s Roasted Spaghetti Squash
If you have started a weight loss program then you’re in need of low calorie, tasty swap outs, especially for dishes like traditional spaghetti. Candice Kumai comes to the rescue, with this easy and tasty recipe.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
What you’ll need: 1 Large spaghetti squash, cut in half, lengthwise 2 Tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil (try lemon, basil or garlic infused olive oils) 2 teaspoons smoked paprika 2 teaspoons dried basil. Fine finishing sea salt (like maldon) to taste
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- On a large cutting board cut the spaghetti squash in half (lengthwise). Remove and discard the seeds. Drizzle and rub olive oil on both halves, followed by a sprinkle of the smoked paprika, basil and sea salt.
- On a large oiled sheet tray, flip the spaghetti squash over so its faced (open side) down!
- Roast for approximately 35 minutes, or until tender on the inside and out, or until its easy to poke with a fork. Flip over and roast flesh side up for the last 10 minutes.
- Allow the squash to cool for just a few minutes, then begin to “fluff” the spaghetti noodles with a fork, you will notice and see these strands that resemble “spaghetti”, hence the name.
- Serve plated up, with a sprinkle of Pecorino Romano, fresh herbs, or if you’d prefer, some marinara sauce. It’s the “good-for-you-sexy-spaghetti,” you can certainly have it all!
For more information on this chef, and her recipes, check out http://www.candicekumai.com/
-Amy Hendel, PA/HealthCoach