Bike Right to Maximize Calorie Burn
Biking outdoors is a great way to connect with nature, burn calories and work your lower body. Here are some tips to help you to stay safe and maximize your workout:
- Make sure your seat is adjusted to the best height for lower back comfort, and to make sure you can pedal efficiently. Remember to keep arms slightly bent to help absorb the shock of bumps as you ride.
- Shift often and early to keep your ride smooth and steady.
- When steering, don’t just move the handlebars – shift your weight into the turn as well.
- Control the brake and attempt to gradually stop, so you avoid injuries.
- Use your core muscles to help maintain balance and get the added benefit of a toned abdomen
- Wear clothing that hugs your body so you are not distracted by loose clothing flapping in the wind, and consider materials that wick away moisture