Baked Apple Chips
This time of year is apple season in many parts of the country, with a variety of apples available. Whether you like super sweet, tart, or downright sour, they all lend themselves to recipes like baked apples, and a perennial favorite, apple chips! This is one of the easiest homemade recipes you can find with basically two ingredients and minimal prep time. Why eat unhealthy, oil laden fried potato chips, when you can make these delicious homemade fruit chips?
- 2 Large apples, washed, cored and thinly sliced
- ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees
- On a baking sheet, arrange apple slices in one layer across the sheet
- Lightly sprinkle cinnamon over the apples
- Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour till you see the apple edges begin to curl up
- Remove baking sheet and transfer apple slices with a spatula to a cooling rack
- Allow to dry completely
Tip: If your kids (or teens) are initially resistant to the swap out, give them a yogurt dip with the apple chips. Kids of all ages love dipping!!