Arugula, Grapes, and Sunflower Seed Salad
Here’s a refreshing salad recipe, perfect for a springtime lunch or light dinner meal.
- 6 cups of loose, rinsed arugula leaves
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (green)
- 2 cups of seedless red grapes, rinsed and halved
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low sugar maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix first 3 salad ingredients together.
- Whisk dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Top salad with sunflower seeds
Optional: Add ½ cup of rinsed garbanzo or black beans or 3 ounces of grilled shrimp (per serving) to add a full portion of protein.
-Amy Hendel, PA/HealthCoach